BitRock installers · Provide native look and feel and desktop integration , KDE and Gnome.
· BitRock installers are optimized in size and speed and do not require a self-extraction step, reducing download, startup and installation time. Built-in LZMA support provides great compression ratios.
No External Dependencies:
· BitRock installers are single-file, self-contained native executables with no external dependencies and minimal overhead. Unlike competing products, all BitRock installers are truly native code and do not require bundling a Java Runtime Environment.
Ease of Use:
BitRock installers · Provide an intuitive and easy to use interface on all platforms, even for end-users without previous Linux experience.
Ease of Development:
· BitRock InstallBuilder includes an easy to learn, easy to use GUI environment. Design, build and test installers with the click of a button.
Time Saving Functionality:
· For advanced users, a friendly XML project format supports source control integration, collaborative development and customizing projects both by hand and using external scripts. A command line interface allows you to Automate and integrate the building process. QuickBuild functionality allows you to update installers in a few seconds, without having to repack the entire .
BitRock InstallBuilder provides convenient · built-in actions for commonly required installation functionality autodetecting Such as a Java (tm) Runtime, changing file permissions and ownership, substituting text in a file, environment variables, adding directories to the path, creating symbolic links, changing the Windows registry, launching external scripts and so on.
Build crossplatform Support:
· The installer builder tool can run on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and all other supported Unix platforms and generate installers for all target platforms from a single project file. Create all your installers from a single build environment!
· BitRock installers can be customized in a variety of Airways, both graphically and in functionality. It is possible to ask for multiple parameters, like username and passwords, in the same installer screen. These helps simplify the installation process for end-users.
Multiple Installation modes:
· Provide BitRock installers: Several GUI modes with native look-and-feel, for installation in a variety of desktop environments, a text-basedinstallation mode, for console-based and remote installations, and a silent / unattended install mode the which can be used for integration in shell scripts for automated deployment.
Support for Qt GUI Frontend:
· The InstallBuilder for Qt family of products provides a new GUIinstallation mode using the Qt crossplatform toolkit, enhancing the end-user experience
· BitRock installers by default perform a backup of all the files overwritten during installation, so in case there is an error, the system is recovered to its previous state.
Native Integration Package:
· BitRock installers can register your software with the RPM and DEB package databases, combining ease of use with the underlying native package management system.
RPM and DEB generation:
· In Addition to creating native executables That can register with the RPM subsystem, BitRock InstallBuilder can generate a self-contained RPM and Debian packages can be installed That using the native package management tools.
· An uninstall program is created as part of every installation, allowing users to easily uninstall the software. As the installer, it can be run in a variety of modes. On Windows, uninstall functionality can also be accessed from the Add / Remove Programs entry in the Control Panel.
· BitRock installers will automatically detect the best installation mode available. Users also have the option to manually select a mode.
Language and Platform Independent:
· BitRock installers can install applications written in any language, Including: Java, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby, C / C + + and. NET / Mono.
Multiple Language Support:
· BitRock installers support a variety of installation languages, Including English, German, Japanese, Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Dutch, Polish, Valencian, Catalan, Estonian, Slovenian, Romanian, Hungarian, Russian and Welsh. Installers in Qt mode supports right to left languages Such as Arabic. You can specify a default language or let the user Decide. Please contact us if you require additional language support.