The process of the is time consuming due to the wide range of components it encases. Towards the end of the installation, the application offers the Toolbar, but you can decline it if you do not fancy any third party tools.
Besides the fact That the program has the power to open every single media file, it can also deal with Blu-ray videos with support for CPU / GPU hardware acceleration, so the video quality Will be fantastic.
In Addition, PowerDVD comes with many more goodies, including a so-called Instant Seek tool to search for a Certain movie scene on a DVD, a photo slideshow viewer, plus a dedicated tool to organize and play the music stored on your computer.
It would be a waste of time mentioning the formats supported by PowerDVD Because this powerful application gets along with the majority of photo, video and audio formats on the market, not to mention That it's a perfect tool to play HD content. Plus, it has the ability to work with multiple removable devices, including Apple and Android mobile phones and tablets.
There's also a settings menu, the which We agree Could have been a bit more advanced, but the features included Should there be enough for a simple local playback of the multimedia files.
Overall, PowerDVD is just great and the first thing That proves you this is the overall look. It comprises a plethora of features, but in order to discover all its goodies you have to give it a try.
· New smart device app, PowerDVD Remote, offers even more Airways for you to enjoy your digital entertainment.· Turn smart devices to the Remote Control for your PowerDVD 11 Blu-ray player, DVD movies, videos, music and photos with a tap of your finger.· Play Media from Devices to PowerDVD. Remote With PowerDVD you can easily watch and save all of your media from phone to PC Wirelessly through the home network.
· Support for Apple & Android Devices. Supports the Apple iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, along with the Android-based phones and tablets.
Your Social Media Hub - for YouTube, Facebook and Flickr:
· Watch videos from Youtube - Easily access your videos, favorites, subscribers and movie trailers on YouTube. Upload your videos directly from PowerDVD.
· Access photos from Facebook and Flickr - View your own photos or friends' photos in animated slideshows. Comment on photos and download to your desktop.
· Get movie info from MoovieLive - Access information of the movie you are watching, rate and review movies and collect your favorites.
PowerDVD To-Go - enjoy your media Wherever you go:
· Companion MediaEspresso software lets you convert and transfer your media from PCs to portables.
· Smart Detect & Direct Sync. MediaEspresso Selects automatically the right format for your smart phones, game consoles and other media players.
· Ultra-Fast Media Conversion. Support for leading CPU / GPU hardware acceleration means transferring hours of videos can be done in much less time.
Convert Blu-ray Movies to 3D:
· PowerDVD 12 introduces a unique feature to turn 2D Blu-ray movies into 3D in real time. Re-watch your all-time favorite Blu-ray titles again in 3D with TrueTheater 3D
Enjoy Videos & Photo Slideshows 2D in 3D:
· Throw yourself right into the action by converting 2D photos and videos into a super cool 3D experience with TrueTheater 3D. The effect is amazingly realistic and creates a whole new way to enjoy your videos and photos
Watch DVDs in Amazing HD:
· Gives TrueTheater HD DVD and standard definition video images the look and feel of true high-definition via resolution upscaling from 480 pixels to 1080 pixels, eliminating distracting Jagged edges and video artifacts
· Now you can apply any of TrueTheater's amazing enhancement technologies to for a far superior viewing experience. Try a clearer, sharper, higher resolution, and better sounding YouTube
Surround Yourself with Sound:
· TrueTheater Surround expands the audio output to mimic surround sound on systems for 2-channel content, and on conventional stereo speakers or headphones for multi-channel DVDs, videos and music files. Enjoy big surround sound without the big cost
Optimized For Your :
· TrueTheater Stretch employs a non-linear stretching technique That automatically adjusts the viewing ratio of the displayed video to match the output display. Now you can watch any standard-format with the aspect ratio optimally suited to the display device
Silky Smooth Action Sequences:
· TrueTheater Motion up-converts the frame-rate of the video to 60/72 frames per second (fps) for smoother-looking video playback and fluid, graceful action sequences.
Your Watch Blu-ray 2D Movies in 3D
PowerDVD 12 can turn all your videos and photos into 3D, including unique support for Blu-ray 2D to 3D conversion. Re-experience your favorite Blu-ray movie titles in 3D by applying TrueTheater ® 3D technology. Precision controls let you adjust the 3D depth for the most comfortable and personalized 3D viewing experience.
DTS-HD 7.1 channel, OGG and FLAC lossless audio and MK3D
Several new PowerDVD supports 12 audio and video formats. Experience cinematic-quality HD 7.1 channel DTS sound tracks in the latest Blu-ray titles. PowerDVD 12 also supports OGG and FLAC lossless audio formats, as well as new video formats MK3D.
7digital Music Store
Over 17 million high quality DRM-free songs
You can now access over 17 million DRM-free MP3/AAC songs from the music store 7digital. Get the latest released music from major music labels by downloading to your PC and mobile devices. 7digital's digital locker feature means all you music is stored online and accessible anytime for you to download on up to 5 different devices.
More support for your favorite online video website
With YouTube now supporting 3D video, PowerDVD 12 lets you choose your preferred display type 3D - stereoscopic, side-by-side or anaglyph. You can also playback videos in 3D using 2D 3D TrueTheater! And for even more convenience, now you do not even need to visit YouTube to add videos to your YouTube playlists - you can do it all from PowerDVD 12.
Windows XP SP3, Vista, or 7 (x86/x64)
Pentium 4 Processor 3.2 GHz or Higher (for Common Format)
Core 2 Duo Processor 2.6 GHz or Higher (for 3D Bluray HD)
1 GB RAM (XP) or 2 GB RAM (Vista, 7)
VGA: Intel G45, AMD Radeon HD2400, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT or above
For those who are disturbed by PopUp 'Cyberlink Product Registration' which appears when the program starts, you can remove the PopUp in the following manner:
Open the Installation Folder (Example: C: \ Program Files \ CyberLink \ PowerDVD12)
Rename Folder 'OLRSubmission' to 'Submission' (without quotes)
Try running PowerDVD 12. Enjoy.